The giants' tombs
Other structures of certain archeological interest are the so called Giants' Tombs, formed by two parallel walls laid with stones without mortar, that can be of seven, eleven or fifteen meters long, according to the period of their creation, and which have both height and distance between them of about a meter. Such a way, they form a moat, covered then by other blocks, stone plates sometimes three meters long and put two by two to form a gabled roof of a mansard. In one end of these constructions a vertical squared stone plate is placed, above which there's another one, of a semicircle form, put between other two blocks. The whole structure was oriented in the way the sun could illuminate inside of it for the most possible number of hours a day, through a small opening in the inferior part of the big elliptical stone plate. That's why they were exposed to the south and to the east, or to the south-east. It is this small opening, left during the building of the structures, that made some scientist advance a hypothesis, that the structures served not necessarily for burial purposes. This theory, however, does not have much consent. In fact, if the structures haven't been defiled by grave robbers before, the remains of the defunct can be often found there. The skeletons are positioned seated, with the back toward a wall and the head posed on the knees. There was a fireplace and a small sanctuary for donations in the frontal part of the structure, which consisted of several stone plates, put vertically and in the way to form a half-moon, in central part of which the small opening had place.
In 1905 an ossuary was found by Mr. Pietro Marci, a farmer, while he was working in his vineyard, situated in the locality Sa Costa, not far away from the rural church of S.Lussorio.